Friday, March 10, 2017

Pain:

When tala was around 1 I noticed that she doesn't have a reflex action and her pain threshold is really really high.. she would put her hands on a plate coming out straight from the oven and give no reaction.. I tried to put ice in her thighs and got no reaction.. of course I was worried and took her to a doctor who ordered an MRI and I will never forget this doctor because what he told me killed me and her father a hundred times a second.. and he was wrong.. he said that Tala has a very rare brain disorder that will cause deterioration of her development and will eventually kill her by the age of 5.. of course anyone can imagine how we felt.. words cannot describe it.. at all.. it was like my time has stopped and everything around me is moving so fast and I just can't understand what's going on.. 
anyways as it turned out it was a mistake, Tala's therapists and doctors told me we have to start therapy right away to stimulate her senses because feeling pain is an essential part of survival..
"Feeling pain is an essential part of survival"
This sentence made stop and wonder how many times people wish they lived pain free.. we don't want to feel the pain, we try to avoid it and we ask God why do we feel it and there it is, the answer, Tala gave it to me.. 
if you don't feel pain, you will not know that something is wrong so you won't fix it, it will get worse until it kills you.. 
if you don't feel pain, you won't learn how to avoid it the next time.. you won't be able to protect yourself.. you will not know how it feels to go past the pain and get over it cause it was never there.. you will get weaker, cause your body is being hit and you don't feel it..you won't feel your body in space, like the doctors told me.. Tala is not aware of her body in space, she can't figure out that if she gets closer she will hit the door and if she does, she will hurt herself and won't feel, so she will keep hurting herself and not know..
Pain is an essential part of survival.. feel it, accept it, heal it and get over it.. and You will survive..

And this is one of the many many things that I call "The Tala Effect" on me:)) God bless her #talalove #lovepatienceacceptance

No comments:

Post a Comment